LA PERRIÈRE SANCERRE MÉGALITHE
Saget La Perriere
100% Sauvignon Blanc
The caves at Domaine de la Perrière were naturally carved 200 million years ago. The caves are also the ideal location to age the wines from the 106 acres of the estate’s Sancerre vineyards, located in the districts of Bannay, Verdigny, Saint-Satur, Crézancy and Vinon. These terroirs are where Sauvignon Blanc can best express the symphony of its mineral and grassy aromas in harmony with the flinty soils to create powerful wines with impressive ageing potential. Stretching from one side of the country to the other, the river of kings has been the homeland of the Saget family for nine generations. Originally from Pouilly-sur-Loire, we decided over twenty years ago to head off in search of other treasures that our beautiful wine region could offer. Over the years, our quest led us along both banks of the river, reaching out to local winegrowers and terroirs. Saget la Perrière signature brands epitomize the hallmark accessibility and freshness of Loire wines. Our wines embrace a unique showcase range of Loire appellations; from its original home in Pouilly sur Loire to Sancerre, Chinon, Vouvray, Anjou & Muscadet forming an unprecedented collection across the Loire Valley.WINEMAKING & VINTAGE NOTES
After a gentle pressing, 40% of the must is fermented in new 79 gallon oak barrels from Allier. The wine stays in the barrel for 8 to 9 months and the lees are stirred regularly to give the wine weight and complexity. To preserve the character of Sauvignon, the other 60% of the must is vinified and matured with particular care in steel vats.TASTING NOTES
Well rounded with notes of ripe fruit and light vanilla, shows an astonishing fullness in the mouth. This incredible complexity will develop even more over the years. There is great finesse and delicacy which create a rare wine.